Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Oh, the Horror of It!

The Gingersnap Chestmut Challenge this month is
At first I didn't want to make anything, cus I was afraid of scaring myself too badly,
but then, I thought, what the heck, Halloween is almost over and I'm not done with it yet.
So...
I made these.
Are you horrified?
A couple of deets:

The bat arrived in a lovely package from my friend Sonya, and I covered it with microbeads. 
 It seemed like the right thing to do.

Doncha just love that woman from RetroCafeArt?
And the skeleton?  Well I was chewing this yummy green apple flavoured gum the other day and I looked at the wrapper and thought to myself,
"Self?  You should make something outta this."
So I stamped the Tim Holtz skeleton on it and the rest is history. 








I don't recommend it though, VERY flimsy and hard to work with.

Great gum, though.

And that,
my fine frightened friends, is my
Horror Story.
Have a spooky day.

5 comments:

  1. Both pieces are fab Electra, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job.So spooky.The bat is from my favorite Halloween stamp set.You know I have to try your micro bead idea.Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are brilliant - I love the gum wrapper skeleton - you don't see those everyday!! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful--the texture is fabulous!

    Congratulations on being chosen as a Ginger Gem for the Horror Stories Chestnut Challenge, Electra!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!