Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 13, 2011

CCC #31-Rusted Enamel

On Page 41 of Tim Holtz' Compendium of Curiosities book you will find the instructions on how to make "Rusted Enamel".  And at Linda Ledbetter's Studio L3 you will find a challenge based on those instructions.  I'm not telling you any more.
You've got feet.  Check it out.
So THIS is what I made:
I used Wild Honey and Vintage Photo distress Inks.
Now here's the deal.
Look a bit closer:

When I got this done, I thought it looked a lot like leather.  and then I remembered that I hadn't done my purse yet for February's Artful Bag Challenge at Frosted Petunias.
The bag is supposed to be an altered object.
I had bought something to alter and it is in fact sitting on my desk looking at me woefully.
Change in plans.
You know how something just
evolves?
Well,. that's what happened with this.
It started out as a background for something I was going to make to the CCC Challenge.
I
altered it
to make it into a purse.
I'll admit, the purse police (if they do indeed exist) would argue that I didn't really
alter
an object, per se.
I don't care.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
And it's FULL of makeup and money, BTW.


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful Electra! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job! I love it when art seemingly grows organically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow its gorgeous Electra, certainly does look like leather and its a fab bag. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, your blog is looking fanTABulous! So is your amazing rusted enamel purse. You always have the most clever ideas, and this one is UBER clever! I want to carry my wallet in this bag-- it's so cute and stylish and beautiful. Who cares what the purse police think? They have no sense of style.

    I love this! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, love the dry embossing with the rusted enamel tech. And how great that you get to cover two challenges with one project! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone else. Your piece is brilliant! Background to purse-sounds like some altering going on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your color combo and it is so elegant. Chuckled about "you have feet." Indeed, and we can find out on our own- no need to baby us, hon. LOL

    I haven't been inspired on what I'm going to alter for my bag this month. Yours is very pretty, classy, and full of money (mama like, mama like).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Altered enough for me, Great purse! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I am going to have to check out the technique!!! Beautiful - love your purse!!! I am out visiting all the wonderful purses since I too decided to take the plunge and join in the fun!

    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol...even the purse police would agree that this is a fabulous piece! I love how your purse evolved and that's what creating is all about right? Love the leather look you achieved and the little handle is just perfect. I'm so addicted to those distress inks! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along. I can't wait to see what other fab purses you come up with. :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how the color turned out! I'm pretty sure you won't be cited by the purse police!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a strong and distintive looking bag. That black floral handle complements your faux rusting effect so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!