Total Pageviews

Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm scrapped out.




I know, I know, it's nigh impossible to believe. Me, Electra the psycho-scrapper, who would sell her first-born for another hour of uninterrupted scrappin-time. (Fortunately it's never come to that), is scrapped out! With only a couple of little side expeditions (like to buy food and cook same food), I scrapped for three days. No work to interfere. heavenly. HOWEVER (and there's always a HOWEVER in life, isn't there), my back has totally given up the ghost and is on strike. You could say, it's holding a "sit-in" LOL

Usually when this feeling takes over, I can sit down at the puter and feed my addiction that way, but I haven't been able to do that for any length of time today either. Like I say, I'm scrapped out. So I did yardwork, went to the garden centre and bought my plants. For those of you in the warmer parts of North America and beyond where you actually HAVE a summer, this may seen a little late, but trust me. If we plant our outdoor gardens BEFORE the May long weekend, IT WILL SNOW on the defenceless little saplings. It's a fact. Count on your fingers with me, kids. That gives us a three month growing period. Stoopid. Our province has more sunshine than any other spot in North America, trouble is those sunny days often include snow. It snowed at my wedding, July 19th.(ish) who remembers their wedding anniversary? Oh right, those people who are STILL MARRIED! Well, some things are better forgotten. That's all I'll say on that subject. Trust me, it's better this way.

And I went out on an adventure from Keri Smith's "How to be an Everyday Adventurer" in which I had to wander aimlessly. I cut up a bunch of slips of paper with Left or Right on them and if I chose Left, I had to drive two blocks and turn Left and vice versa if I chose Right, and then see where I ended up, Well, where I ended up was at the most spectacular row of flowering cherry trees all in a row. Awesome! I'll show you some pics tomorrow. They were so pretty!

This LO is for a monthly challenge I do at a local scrapbook store. They give you what you have to use, of course and while the items are not what I would normally put together, that's the point of a challenge right?

Now I know you saw this picture of the violinist only a few days ago, but I needed to scrap her and the colours in the challenge kit seemed to speak to me.

I added a couple of closeups, one on the flower (there was green tulle in the kit) and the other of her wings, I love how I did them with the Robins Nest Whachamacallums. I know there's a real word, I just can't remember it right now.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog!

    I love this layout - it's so soft and gentle. I have some of those page pebbly thingys (I think THAT'S what they're called - lol) that I haven't used and I really should - I like what you've done with them (and I would have said something nice about this layout even if you hadn't become a follower - promise!).

    I'm sorry about your back, I wish you had my accupuncturist up there - he would get you feeling better right away. That said, since you don't have Eric, you must take it easy on yourself.

    As for your weather, that doesn't surprise me a bit. The two times I was in Banff during my childhood I remember snow flurries and chilly weather in July - August seemed balmy in comparison - lol. Loved the scenery and people there, it was probably my father's favorite place on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout for the challenge, really. They're called Dew Drops, btw. Some call them Skittles. Either way, they look fab on the wings. Sorry to hear about your back, I'll send Sven over immediately to give you a massage.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this is gorgeous! You've done the Celtic women proud.

    I'm awfully sorry to hear about your back, and about your weather, too, and am wishing you happy muscles and lots of WARM, snow-free days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a perfect moment - being all scrapped out.
    It's not very often we get to play until we are all crafted out is it?
    I'm sorry about your back but it sounds like you've had the perfect antidote to work!
    love the layout and the flower, perfect colours for the photos :-)
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!