Total Pageviews

Monday, October 19, 2009

Dare 53: I wish


I quit my Bollywood clases. I am simply TOO clumsy and my already fragile self-esteem could handle it no longer. It got to the point where the instructor wouldn't even look me in the eye anymore and I was in the front row, directly in front of him!
To get to this point, I had to bash myself mercilessly for being too unncoordinated, too fat, tool old, blah, blah, blah. But then, I discovered Rebecca's Dare
here and was able, through the planning and execution of my LO, to purge my Bollywood demons. I feel better now. I can't dance, but I do some other things very well. And I'm OK with that. Bless you Rebecca.

4 comments:

  1. Awe don't feel bad mom!!!
    I'm a terrible dancer too and if I was there we could have quit together lol.


    Miss you and love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I am so please that the dare has helped you purge...I think when I was setting the dare I was purging myself...can't remember what it is now.

    I think the important thing to remember is that every moment in life is a learning experience. Do..fail/succeed...learn. You know Bollywood may not have been for you but at least you gave it a go.

    Hold your head high...I am sure there are plenty of things you can do that the instructor can't.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm sorry you quit but it doesn't sound like it was fun - and I wouldn't mind having issues being super-coordinated if I were having fun. So, I think purging out yon demons of self-doubt is good and good on you for making a powerful layout to capture that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, love the new blog banner for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!